How to create this bear-y easy lick mat
This week we're keeping things simple with only 3 ingredients. This lick mat uses your dog's food as the base, carrot, and pumpkin. Carrots are a great source of vitamin A and promote vision health. Pumpkin aids in digestion and soothes upset stomach.
- A Camp Hound Lick Mat - here.
- 1/3 cup your choice of dog food
- 1 carrot
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin
- Mini cookie cutters - similar here.
- Rehydrate your kibble in 2/3 cup warm water, let sit for at least one hour. Using wet food instead? Skip this step!
- Slice your carrot at a 45 degree angle to create 1/4 inch thick disks. Use your cookie cutters to cut bear shapes.
- Mash your kibble with a fork, add it to your lick mat.
- Add your pumpkin to the honeycomb sections of your lick mat. (optional alternative: mix the pumpkin in with your kibble instead)
- Arrange your add-ons to your liking on your lick mat
- Freeze & serve!